Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Morning Devotion

As I write this I am listening to Fernando Ortega sing "Sing to Jesus" and "Jesus Paid it All." I must confess that my morning devotions had become very dry--for I fear my heart had been growing cold. Sometimes it would be a quick verse dutifully read and sometimes nothing at all. What a sad confession but thankfully made to a merciful God.

Recently I have rediscovered the joy of morning devotions. I am reading slowly through the book of John, listening to my IPOD as Max McLean reads from the book of Mark and The Valley of Vision. As he reads I find myself seeking the face of our Lord. I then wrap my morning devotional time up by listening to a hymn. Recently Fernando Ortega has been my music leader. I enjoy the peacefulness of his voice and the content of the songs that I choose from his work.

I let you in on my confession this morning and the new delight that the Lord has given to my heart through morning devotions. As for the confession I rejoice that "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow." As for letting you in on my confession and my rediscovered delight in meeting the Lord in the morning--I only hope that I might encourage you in your own devotions.

Blessings,
Ray
Don't forget to visit Lori's blog for ladies at www.nitw4ladies.blogspot.com

No comments:

webpage visitor stats